At BP Legal we recognise moving is a very stressful period. Our expert service helps to make your move as smooth as possible. We are a Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited practice, which means our quality service is recognised by The Law Society.
Our step by step guidance will guide you through each step of the transaction and our ‘checklist when moving’ is a perfect companion.
Our Specialist Services Include:
- Residential sales and purchases
- Freehold interest purchases
- Buy-to-let sales and purchases
- Acquisition of Council property under the Right to Buy Scheme
- Lease extensions
- Transfers of equity
- Commercial leases and sales and purchases of industrial and retail property
- Residential development
- Re-mortgage – our technical expertise enables us to offer a fast re-mortgage service in high volumes for large financial institutions
- Declaration of trusts for couples
- Lodge restrictions, cautions and notices
Our specialist solicitors will:
- Make sure the property title is marketable and verify ownership of the property.
- Check if the property is freehold or leasehold and advise accordingly.
- Draw up a contract of sale and send it to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Check for restrictive covenants or rights of way that could affect your plans for the property.
- Check that buildings and alterations have the correct planning permission, licences and warranties.
- Check that there are no debts owing against a property, and if there are that they are released before the property is transferred to you.
- Carry out local authority searches to make sure if there are zoning restrictions or any debts due.
- Check if there is a lease, and if so, check the lease conditions.
- Arrange for additional property searches, depending on the circumstances. These might including checking previous land use, whether the land is prone to flooding, if there are planned railway or motorway developments, whether medieval laws still require
you to contribute to the local church and so on.
- Check mortgage documents.
- Ensure the deposit has been paid.
- Exchange contracts for you which makes the deal legally binding.
- Lodge an interest in the property so that the property cannot be sold to another.
- Calculate the final figure to pay.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Pay Stamp Duty Tax on your behalf.
- Lodge the title deeds with the Land Registry.
- Send a copy of the deeds to your mortgage lender.
We will provide you with a clear and detailed breakdown of the costs involved.
For more information and a competitive quote call us on 0116 253 6856
Whatever your conveyancing needs, contact us via email or phone and we can assist you.